Public Groupactive 3 years, 8 months ago
The MAC is designed to provide support and resources to organizations that want to drive improvement in maternity care outcomes via alternative payment. Our objective is to provide MAC participants with opportunities to accelerate the development and implementation of maternity care episode payments. In the short term, participation in the MAC will provide a structured resource to share ideas and promising practices. In the long term, MAC participation will make your organization a leader in the movement toward aligned adoption of maternity episode payment as an alternative payment model.
The MAC is a LAN-supported learning collaborative composed of stakeholders that have committed to implementing maternity care episode payment. While MAC participants will not be required to match their episode payment efforts to the LAN’s Clinical Episode Payment Recommendations on Maternity Care, these recommendations will serve as core guidance to the work of the MAC.
- MAC Track 1 Making the Business Case Summary
- Making the Business Case: Example of Potential Final Tool
- Making the Business Case: Draft Messaging Document for Review and Comment
- Making the Business Case Agenda
- Women’s Health Issues Article, Steps Toward a High-Quality, High-Value Maternity Care System
- NACPM, A Bundled Payment Proposal to Improve Maternity Care Outcomes and Lower Costs
- CHQPR Presentation, A Better Way to Pay for Maternity Care
- CHQPR Presentation Transforming Maternity Care, How Payment Reform Can Lower Costs and Improve Quality
- Childbirth Connection, US Cesarean Section Rate by State, 2011
- Catalyst for Payment Reform Action Brief, Maternity Care Payment
- CHQPR Presentation, How Payment Reform Can Enable Better Care for Mothers & Babies and Lower Medical Spending
- Truven Health Analytics Marketscan® Study, The Cost of Having a Baby in the United States