Date(s) - Thursday, March 10, 2016, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
Objectives for the Meeting
- Check in with pilot participants regarding status of reporting effort
- Discuss what’s working, challenges, and any lessons learned
- Address participating health pan questions regarding the pilot
- Discuss and solicit input on the approach for the nationwide APM Progress Tracking effort
- Review next steps and upcoming events and activities
- Welcome, Roll Call, and Meeting Overview – Lauren Icard
- LAN Payer Collaborative Pilot – Andréa Caballero
- Discuss status of pilot exercise
- Share what’s working, challenges, and any lessons learned
- Nationwide APM Progress Tracking Approach – Andréa Caballero
- Raise questions for participants’ consideration: possible improvements
- Provide overview of the nationwide APM progress tracking effort
- Wrap Up – Lauren Icard
- Recap themes
- Review next steps
- Provide update on the Spring LAN Summit
The LAN Payer Collaborative (PC) held its third virtual meeting on March 10, 2016. Andrea Caballero, Program Director for the Catalyst for Payment Reform (CPR), led the halfway point check-in meeting with the nine plans from the Collaborative that agreed to participate in the five-week pilot. The Collaborative launched the pilot to help the LAN assess the extent to which health care plans are adopting APMs. Pilot participants discussed opportunities to improve the pilot survey instrument and areas that need clarification to test the feasibility and timing of the LAN’s measurement approach.
Pilot participants also discussed lessons learned and provided ideas and recommendations to improve the pilot’s methodology and metrics to inform the LAN’s nationwide data collection effort that is scheduled to begin in the mid-May.
The Collaborative encourages plans to join the LAN in its nationwide APM data collection effort where it will measure APM progress toward the goals of 30% APM adoption in 2016 and 50% in 2018 by commercial, Medicaid Managed Care, and Medicare Advantage market segments. Plans can indicate their interest in participating in the pilot by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Results from the pilot survey will be shared with the larger Payer Collaborative meeting on April 7.
Pilot participants and other Collaborative members will share their commitment and experiences with other stakeholders during a plenary session at the April 2016 LAN Summit.