Date(s) - Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
- Hear updates on LAN Guiding Committee activities
- Learn about the initial activities of the LAN’s newest Work Groups
- Hear a moderated panel discussion on population-based payments (PBPs) featuring representatives of three organizations that have successfully implemented alternative payment models (APMs).
Since the last Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network (LAN) webinar, the Guiding Committee (GC) continues to work at a rapid pace. During this webinar, GC member Elizabeth Mitchell will share key updates about the two newest work groups as well as highlights from the October 26 LAN Summit. Ms. Mitchell will also moderate a panel presenting an overview of population-based payment (PBP) models. Panelists include Robert McConville sharing how Intermountain Healthcare has worked to align provider financial incentives, David Muhlestein of Leavitt Partners discussing how different providers are engaging and succeeding in APMs, and Kerry Snyder and Allison Yudt from Populytics, Inc. speaking about the management of multiple accountable care organizations (ACOs).
- Welcome and Opening Remarks – Anne Gauthier
- Guiding Committee Updates and Q&A – Elizabeth Mitchell
- Aligning Provider Financial Incentives – Robert McConville
- First, Know Thyself: How Different Types of Providers are Engaging – and Succeeding – in Alternative Payment Models – David Muhlestein
- Managing Multiple ACOs – Kerry Snyder, Allison Yudt
- Questions from LAN Participants – Anne Gauthier
- Upcoming LAN Activities and Closing Comments – Anne Gauthier, Elizabeth Mitchell
A Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network (LAN) webinar was held on November 10, 2015 to discuss πopulation-based ayments with over 200 virtual attendees comprised of providers, health plan buyers, and others who have either explored or launched alternative payment models (APMs) within their organizations. Anne Gauthier, the LAN project leader from CMS Alliance to Modernize Healthcare, along with Elizabeth Mitchell, President and CEO of the Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement, provided updates on LAN efforts and addressed audience questions and comments that revolved around topics such as clinical episode payments for hip and joint replacements and how they may correlate with Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement regulations, and quality data sharing in light of Stark Law regulations on physician referrals.
A panel of experts also shared in-depth information about their organizations’ approaches to implementing APMs, and the results they’ve obtained in the process thus far:
- Robert McConnville, Director of Population Health at Intermountain Healthcare
- David Muhlestein, Senior Director of Research and Development at Leavitt Partners
- Kerry Snyder, Director of Health Informatics, and Ms. Allison Yudt, Director of Value-Based Contracts, at Populytics, Inc.