Date(s) - Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
Provider organizations and practicing clinicians
The LAN’s Population-Based Payment (PBP) Work Group recently released two draft White Papers on Patient Attribution and Financial Benchmarking. The Patient Attribution White Paper describes the method in which patient populations are assigned to providers who are accountable for their patient populations’ total cost of care and quality outcomes in population based payment models. The Financial Benchmarking White Paper describes approaches for setting an initial benchmark and updates over time, and also addresses risk adjustment considerations. Please join the HCPLAN during our LAN Listening session on March 1, 2016, as we welcome your questions and comments that will help refine the Patient Attribution and Financial Benchmarking White Papers, both of which are targeted for release in April.
- Opening Remarks – Anne Gauthier
- Guiding Committee Report and Q&A – Angelo Sinopoli, MD
- Panel: Patient Attribution & Financial Benchmarking
- Moderator – Dana Gelb Safran
- Patient Attribution – Amy Nguyen Howell, MD
- Financial Benchmarking – Hoangmai Pham, MD, MPH
- Discussion with LAN Participants
- Moderator – Angelo Sinopoli, MD
- Upcoming LAN Activities and Closing Comments – Angelo Sinopoli, MD
During the LAN Listening session held on March 1, 2016, Dana Safran (PBP Work Group Co-chair), Amy Nguyen Howell (CAPG), and Mai Pham (CMS) provided an overview of the draft Patient Attribution and Financial Benchmarking White Papers. Questions and comments from the audience covered various topics such as fundamental financial benchmarking differences in urban versus rural areas, medical coding approaches that may be used across multiple specialties, and how providers can manage patient attribution as it may change over time.