Date(s) - Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
- Seek feedback on PBP Performance Measurement Draft White Paper
- Welcome, Roll Call, and Welcoming Comments – Mark McClellan, Mark Smith, Anne Gauthier
- Population-Based Payment Work Group – Performance Measurement- Dana Safran
- Review of draft paper
- Population-Based Payment Work Group – Data Sharing- Glenn Steele
- Update on status of new draft
- Looking Ahead- Mark McClellan, Mark Smith, Anne Gauthier
- Plan for In-Person meeting on April 8
On March 29, the LAN Guiding Committee (GC) provided and approved their group recommendations on the Population Based Payment (PBP) Work Group’s Performance Measurement Draft White Paper. The recommendations in the White Paper intend to highlight innovations supporting the adoption of PBP models. The GC expressed that the White Paper recommendations should focus mainly on how measurement systems should define performance targets, the importance of adhering to good scientific measurement standards and implementation, and meaningful incentives to providers in PBPs. The GC members further encouraged the PBP Work Group to include in the White Paper discussion on how innovations already underway will need to proceed in order to achieve the White Paper’s outlined objectives and the overarching goal of 30 percent of U.S. health care payments in alternative payment models (APMs) by 2016, and 50 percent by 2018. The GC also encouraged the PBP Work Group to frame the White Paper in a way that reflects transparency among all stakeholders.
The PBP Work Group will report on its progress on the White Paper and present revised recommendations at the next GC meeting on April 8. GC Co-chair Dr. Mark Smith also reminded the members about the upcoming Spring 2016 LAN Summit, which will be held on Monday and Tuesday, April 25 to 26, in Tysons, Virginia.