Date(s) - Friday, April 08, 2016, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
- Further shape the LAN’s new work on primary care, payment reform evaluations, and implementation of its recommendations
- Endorse the CPAG’s Guiding Principles
- Discuss how the Guiding Committee can support the nationwide APM progress measurement effort
- Provide feedback to the CEP Work Group on the draft clinical episode payment recommendations related to maternity and cardiac care
- Provide feedback to the PBP Work Group on the data sharing recommendations
- Welcome, Roll Call, and Welcoming Comments – Mark McClellan, Mark Smith, and Anne Gauthier
- Consumer and Patient Affinity Group Guiding Principles – Debra Ness
- New Work: Primary Care – Mark McClellan, Mark Smith
- Clinical Episode Payment Work Group – Lew Sandy
- New Work: Implementation of LAN Recommendations – Mark McClellan, Mark Smith
- MACRA Physician-Focused Payment Model Technical Advisory Committee Touchpoint – Elizabeth Mitchell
- Population-Based Payment Work Group – Glenn Steele, Dana Safran
- Data sharing discussion
- Update on other three sprints
- APM Progress Tracking – Sam Nussbaum, Andrea Caballero
- Results of pilot
- Nationwide measurement effort
- New Work: Payment Reform Evaluations – Mark McClellan
- Engagement – Mark Smith
- LAN Summit
- Committed partners campaign
- Priority engagement activities
- Wrap-Up and Look-Ahead – Mark McClellan, Mark Smith, and Anne Gauthier
The Guiding Committee (GC) of the Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network (LAN) held its quarterly meeting on April 8 to further shape the LAN’s new work on primary care, payment reform evaluations, and implementing its recommendations.
The LAN’s new and coming Primary Care Work Group will be chaired by CG member William Golden and aims to produce one white paper that will address incentives, system performance, and movement into APM Categories 3 and 4, identify barriers and key principles to create actionable short-term recommendations, and discuss the effects of financial incentives in shaping primary care. During the meeting, the GC provided its preliminary thoughts and recommendations on the purpose and goals of the Primary Care Work Group.
The GC further discussed endorsement of and provided feedback on the guiding principles of the new Consumer and Patient Affinity Group (CPAG) and also provided feedback to the Clinical Episode Payment (CEP) Work Group and the Population-Based Payment (PBP) Work Group on their upcoming draft white papers. The GC further discussed how to best support the nationwide APM progress measurement effort, and GC Co-chair Mark McClellan provided updates on the progress of the Payment Reform Evaluation Hub.
CMS Alliance to Modernize Healthcare (CAMH) project leader Anne K. Gauthier briefly reviewed the roadmap of LAN activities through March 2017, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Acting Administrator Andy Slavitt gave complementary remarks about the work of the LAN and encouraged people to step up publicly to support its goals.