Date(s) - Thursday, January 07, 2016, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
Objectives for the Meeting
- Gain input on proposed options for what else – beside the LAN’s on-going work on the PBP and CEP Work Groups – the LAN should do in the realm of performance measurement to accelerate adoption of APMs.
- Gain input on a mechanism for accomplishing the work, including a possible new cross-cutting work group focused on measures, that integrates with and builds on the work of PBP and CEP.
- What recommendations can/should PBP and CEP provide to bridge to this next phase of measure-focused work?
- Welcome, Roll Call, and Business Items- Anne Gauthier, Mark Smith
- Brief Walkthrough of LAN Options on Performance Measurement and Possible Next Steps- Mark McClellan
- Round Robin- Mark Smith
- Which option (or hybrid of options, or new idea) do you recommend, and why? If you think a test is warranted, what are your initial thoughts on which use cases/measures and which market?
- In order for the LAN to be successful in this work, we will need to partner closely with a set of collaborators. Which leaders and organizations would be both effective and willing partners, and how might that inform the shaping of our work?
- Summarization and Open Discussion- Mark McClellan
- Wrap-Up and Plan for Next In-Person Meeting- Mark Smith, Anne Gauthier
The Guiding Committee (GC) of the Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network (LAN) held a teleconference on January 7, 2016 to garner input on actions that may be taken to accelerate adoption of APMs through advancing performance measurement options. The GC shared opinions, strategies, and advice obtained by various experts, and synthesized options for LAN consideration that would build on the work and recommendations of the Population-Based Payment (PBP) and Clinical Episode Payment (CEP) Work Groups. GC Co-chair Mark D. Smith moderated a round table discussion, where GC members were each given one minute to answer one of two questions centered on either selective recommendation of the various options synthesized during the meeting, or recommending potential leaders and organizations that may effectively collaborate with the LAN. The answers will be used to facilitate further discussion at the GC’s next in-person meeting on January 29, 2016, and to also plan, inform, and guide discussion on future LAN activities related to performance measurement.