Date(s) - Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
Objectives for the Meeting
- Discuss quality measures and patient engagement in maternity care.
- Develop a consensus on goals and identify the patient population in maternity care.
- Discuss available patient engagement tools and how they would be integrated into the maternity episode payment structure.
- Review quality measurement parameters used in joint replacement and discuss if new parameters are needed for maternity care.
- Welcome and Review Agenda- Lew Sandy
- Open Questions in Maternity- Karen Milgate
- Integrating Patient Engagement Tools in the Maternity Episode- Karen Milgate
- Quality Measurement- Tanya Alteras
- Next Steps- Lew Sandy
The LAN’s Clinical Episode Payment (CEP) Work Group held their virtual bi-weekly meeting on March 1 to review and provide feedback on maternity episode value options, such as decreased complications and mortality, and goals for population management, patient engagement and experience, and quality measurement. The Work Group discussed how patient engagement tools and quality measurement parameters can be used in maternity episode payment models. Work Group members shared examples of patient engagement tools currently being used by their and other organizations to measure maternity patient experience and engagement, and also discussed other innovative maternity care models such as the Strong Start for Mothers and Newborns Initiative and California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative.